Our product’s beneficiary is a premium pet food supplier with an online multistore, Magento-based, and active in seven different European countries.
The client was having significant issues maintaining a complicated, unstable eCommerce platform built on an older Magento version. The client needed an upgrade to his system. However, since 2015, we have improved many other business areas.
We have years of experience customizing and developing web portals that use Magento’s eCommerce solution. Magento is the most widely used eCommerce solution in the world and is open-source. It can compete with other commercial solutions.
We have the following for our client:
- Upgraded to Magento version 22.214.171.124, upgraded payment modules, migrated into a new checkout, and cleaned up incompatible modules.
- A subscription module was developed with automated ordering and payment. Customers can manage their subscriptions from their account, change the following order date/products, unsubscribe whenever they like, and process their orders automatically daily. You can also perform the same actions from your admin panel.
- A module allows admins to create new landing pages with specific coupon codes and configurable products. Multiple reports with sales reports and other data are automatically sent daily.
- A landing page was created with a forecast calculator. This allows customers to calculate how many products they need. It is sent to their email in pdf format.
- Improved cache performance and configured a new live environment using PHP7, Nginx Redis, Varnish, Redis, and Redis.
Team set up
Most of our projects embrace Agile methodologies. Customers and partners often ask us to adopt Agile methods (Scrum, Kanban) right from the beginning of a project. Our engineers make the final decision. We carefully review the project details and recommend the best project management method based on Scrum and Kanban.
This project had a core team consisting of two developers and one designer. Based on the project stage and other requirements, more people were moved to this project. They worked closely with our customer team.
We worked agilely and flexibly, as in all our projects. Daily scrum meetings were held with sprints and demo releases every two weeks.
Architecture & Technologies
This project uses object-oriented programming conventions and model view controller architecture. However, it also uses entity attribute value models to store data.
- Magento, PHP, MySQL
- Amazon Web Services (AWS – EC2, CloudFront CloudFront RDS, Elastic Cache VPC, Route 53
- Varnish Cache. Redis. Vagrant. Beanstalk to version control and deploy. Puppet. Nginx. Trello. (Kanban).