The project’s beneficiary is Europe’s top self-service digital ticketing platform. It provides technology to event organizers to sell more tickets online and grow their business online.
Their goal was to implement a stable and complex ticketing management system.
Their goal is to empower organizers, not traditional ticketing agents. Their clients can sell directly through their websites, mobile sites, or Facebook fan pages.
The client was having significant issues with their platform based on an outdated Magento solution. It was unstable and complex.
Arnia’s solution is? To migrate from a monolithic Zend PHP/MySQL app to a more flexible architecture that uses micro-services. Our team provided system improvements and innovative mobile applications to solve the client’s business problems.
These are the main features:
- Online ticket solution that is responsive and easily embedded
- Mobile point of sale app for tickets sold at the door
- Mobile apps for organizers to scan tickets at the door
- Analytics and reporting tools
- real-time sales reports
Establishment of a team
Agile methodologies are used in all of our projects. Our customers and partners often ask us to adopt Agile methods ( Scrum, Kanban). This is usually from the beginning of the project. After analyzing the project details, our engineers will recommend the best project management method based on Scrum and Kanban.
The team has become the following in 2 years:
- An online service development team that includes five developers and 1QA
- A mobile development team that provides for 3 developers and 1QA
- An Operations and Issues Team consisting of 1 developer and 1QA
- Scrum is done in sprints that last either one week or two weeks, depending on which teams are involved. Jira is our project management tool.
Architecture & Technologies
Architecture divides the application into multiple micro-services, each with its responsibility. These micro-services communicate with one another using RESTful calls. Some calls are synchronous, while others are asynchronous. Workers who read from Qs are processing these calls.
- Silex microservices framework, PHP, Node.js, PostgreSQL, RESTful
- Mobile – Objective C/iOS SDK and Java/Android SDK
- Tools: Jira and Bamboo CI for an automated build.